check out my newest project Sometimesdaily with Amanda Congdon

Amanda UnBoomed

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Podcamp

was so much fun. OMG.














Thanks Steve and Carol for inviting me, Mario, Rudy and Casey into your lovely home.

Casey and I had a blast as the hottest females on the scene ;)

Mario and I sadly got insanely lost as we always do when in Boston because it's this crazy labyrinth of "big digs" and cow paths .... so we missed Casey and Rudy's presentation... :(

But! We got to watch some of it on video right on Steve's Nokia N93...


























Blip.tv
was well represented ... Oh, here's Blip's Dina Kaplan, she's sizzling.















This is wholly surreal.














.... and Huuuuuuuuudack??? (as Chuck would say)... Mike's from CT too.















Also at Podcamp from Blip was the very sweet, Charles Hope...and Justin Day (who I met for the very first time).

This is Alive in Baghdad's Brian Conley.


























He's funny. At his session he said something like, "In Boston I'm a white guy. In Iraq, I'm Arab." Such versatility! I wonder if I could use that trick on my next trip to the middle east...hmmm.... Often during his presentation he admitted to being a "madman".

And we were lucky enough to chill a bit with the brilliant, David Tamés.














He was on rocketboom once and I thought he was super interesting.... so I was excited to meet him.

I met so many great people... too many to count...

Drew Olanoff, who came up with his crew from Philly, and Shauna Paukune who came up from Florida were such nice, creative people.















Oh and our rockstar boyfriends were there too, talking videoblogging and website design (we think they are gay for each other).














Witness some more Sunday morning fun, as directed by Steve Garfield:

The Carol and Steve Show, re-imagined?

10 Comments:

  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We had a blast too. You inspire us to do what we do :)

    Thanks again for everything Amanda.

     
  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger j said…

    Ha! Totally the hottest females. I intend to spend a lot more time with Casey and Rudy when we get back to Montreal. Too bad we didn't meet, but there were so many cool people there. It almost did give me that 'camp' feeling when I left.

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Joe C said…

    Damn. And I had PodCamp on my calendar, too. Ended up playing in a golf tournament instead. I think you-all had more fun!

    Sweetie, what's with the Google Mail link in "Carol and Steve show re-imagined"? I was expecting maybe a video clip?

    jc

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger WO7 said…

    I feel like I'm missing all the fun, here in Oblivion. Did you shoot any video?

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Casey McKinnon said…

    Great summary... I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm going to have to link to Steve's photos on my blog... especially Rudy and Mario, what a couple!

    Loved seeing you guys again, wish we could do it more than once every two months!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Sorry that last link was retarded. It's fixed now. :)

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Resplendato said…

    Super exciting!

    At the same time, we have to watch out on the blogosphere for false stories..I've been watching Lonelyteengirl15 on You tube only to just discover despite most others protests that it was fake..that is was fake!!

    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_Online_Mystery_Solved.html

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger jake said…

    Yeah PodCamp was loads of fun. It was cool meeting you and Mario (I guess he's pretty cool ;) ) and if nothing else my photos from AU/NZ will start filtering in, in January. I'm usually too distracted to come up with something like a podcast. But I mentioned it to my traveling companion and the journalism/dockumentary side of her got intrigued. We'll see what happens with that... good luck with moving!

    p.s. It's not half bad...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vagari/240052413/

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Chuck Olsen said…

    OMG, JEALOUS!!!!

    so much hotness under one roof.

    i miss steve-n-carol's table...

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger tigerjim14 said…

    This is a great post here...Cool stuff Dedicated to inform the public on relative issues. Keep up the great work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home