check out my newest project Sometimesdaily with Amanda Congdon

Amanda UnBoomed

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hot Vlogs

Ok, so I know what you are thinking. Amanda, where are the videos!?! Well, turns out, your friend Amanda is a shit editor. But I do love writing, so I’m kinda turning this into a blog. Not saying I won’t post videos ever again, maybe I’ll put up some unedited footage now and again… but I’m not going to force myself to only post videos on this blog, otherwise, I’ll just never update it ;)

I am just loving videoblogs more and more these days... which ones you ask?

There is one videoblog that I never fail to miss an episode of... it's just that amazing. It's called The Richard Show. It's this vlog about a cute, funny guy named Richard, his lovely wife, Maureen (who he jokingly refers to as "Richard's Wife"), and their life in the Ozarks. Last night it finally dawned on me what it was I like most about their show. They have the ultimate love story! Not the Hollywood love story, but true love. And guess what? True love isn't boring. Their love is much more interesting to me than anything I've ever seen on TV or in the movies. That's the best part.

Another videoblog I stumbled across in the last few days is this sweet show called Help My Patients. The idea is that there is this psychiatrist who has totally given up on his patients, because they are utterly helpless. He has videotaped their sessions and posts them so the viewers can suggest how to treat them. It’s fiction, of course. It comes from the same people who make BathTubYoga, which isn't really my taste (although I did appreciate their 4th episode), but this new show is simply brilliant. Hilarious premise, nice execution. I am totally hooked. Maybe my obsession with Dr. Katz makes me somewhat biased, but still. My favorite patient is Gary who comes in to the office every Friday. Yay for quality videoblog shows coming down the pipeline!

Lastly, if you haven't heard of TikiBarTV I don't know what kind of rock you've been living under, but check it out. I just LOOOOOOOOOOOVE Dr. Tiki--so funny, especially the eyebrow moves--and Johnny, Johnny’s rapid fire changes in topic and neck snaps (I can’t help but wonder if they speed him up in editing?) can’t be beat. Oh, and his little hat—hot! Lala is just, well, captivating... and not just because she's a babe (which is undeniable) but also because she's just … contagious. I think it's that Cameron Diaz laugh. ;)

4 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    How true. It's hard to beat "The Richard Show". Richard and Richard's Wife are a great vlogging team.

    oh and TikiBar ... seriously seriously funny. :-)

    - Dave
    http://www.davidmeade.com

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    thanks for the "Help My Patient" link. Have you checked out our show "Chasing Windmills?" Daily episodes M-F. http://www.chasingmills.blogspot.com

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Pareshaan said…

    Wow, what a coincidence, I am in Rolla now, and that's where Mr. Richard Hall VLOGS from. Used to go to school there, and am here with some friends when I cahnced by your post. Kind of unnerving. Thanks for the link.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Buffy said…

    Tiki is freaky.

    In a good way.

    Of course.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home